Type 2 diabetes is a serious health impairment, which requires constant management and continuous balance. Patients, who are diagnosed with this issue, need to be exceptionally selective in what they eat, how they act and what they feel. Stress, nervous attacks, and other psychological problems can significantly increase blood sugar levels, as well as the advanced amount of carbohydrates or sugar in your meal.
While it is easier to control meals, snacks are ultimately complicated to take care of. The most important here is to select the right product, which will be high in healthy fats, protein, and fiber. Such components will help you keep control over the blood sugar levels and manage related disorders. Choose nutrient-dense foods for your snacks, so that you get a guaranteed advantage for your health and avoid possible complications.
Top 7 Most Healthy and Useful Snacks for Type 2 Diabetes Patients
1. Hard-boiled eggs are extremely beneficial for patients with diabetes. Eggs contain much protein, which is helpful for the prevention of an unexpected blood sugar rise. Additionally, patients who eat 2 eggs a day are likely to experience a drastic hemoglobin A1c reduction, which is a long-term blood sugar control;
2. Almonds are convenient and nutritious since they provide the necessary minerals and vitamins inevitable for a diabetic. According to the results of recent research, almonds work decreasing blood glucose levels, reducing insulin range and stabilizing other symptoms of the disorder;
3. Protein bars. At this point, it is preferable to spend some time and effort to cook home-made ones, as they will be healthier and more beneficial. Avoid adding sugar and other unhealthy components, replacing them with oat flour, peanut butter and whey protein;
4. Avocado is an excellent product in a diabetes diet. It is also extremely helpful in the management of blood sugar levels. The product is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and fiber, which contribute to its use. Additionally, avocado prevents the process of blood sugar spiking after a meal;
5. Peanut butter with apples is an advantageous choice, as it is both healthy and delicious. While apples are rich in Vitamins B and C, potassium and several other nutrients, peanut butter guarantees a sufficient amount of magnesium, manganese and vitamin E necessary for proper body functioning;
6. Beef sticks are also ultimately convenient and diabetes-friendly snacks. They feature low carb and high protein content, which is perfect for a diabetic patient. However, portion control is important, as overeating of beef sticks can lead to unwanted reactions;
7. Cottage cheese can replace any snack. It is a beneficial product for diabetics, as half a cup of it provides necessary carbs, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Additionally, cottage cheese can improve your blood sugar levels and prevent related abnormalities.